Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Shopping For a Cause: Etsy Store Changes


"Then the King will say to those on his right...For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’...“The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’" ~Matthew 24:34-40 

Throughout my life I have felt a profound calling to do things for others, specifically those experiencing trials in their lives. My life has not been without its hard times, and if it weren't for the kindness of others I don't know where I would be today. 
My passion for photography began during a time in my life when I was struggling to rebuild myself and my life. Taking pictures allowed me to begin to see the beauty in the world around me again and renewed my awe of life and of the Lord. 
Recently I have felt the tug to do something with my photography that would better glorify the Lord and help others. 
As a result I have decided to make some changes to my business, specifically my etsy shop where I sell prints of some of my pictures as well as my framed landscaped with calligraphed scripture verses.

10% of all the sales from this shop will now be donated to the Women's Resource Center of the New River Valley Inc. 

This organization is one that is near and dear to my heart. I have volunteered there now for over a year in a variety of capacities and my experiences there have literally changed my life. I could go on and on about the services they offer and the wonderful things they are doing for victims of domestic violence and sexual assault in our area, but I believe that it is best that you to take a look for yourself. Their website is www.wrcnrv.org. 


To visit the shop either click on the shop tab at the top of the page or visit the shop directly by going to http://www.etsy.com/shop/Genesis1Photography 

Thank you for your support of the Women's Resource Center and Genesis Photography. God Bless.